Monday, February 20, 2012

Want to know why I have 3 baskets of laundry to fold??

I recently had a discussion with my rarely caffeinated husband. He said that I seemed to get more done BEFORE I was a stay at home mom. After staring a hole through him for what seemed like an eternity, I gave him the following answer.

Before I was a stay at home mom, I only had two people to take care of. I only did dishes for two, laundry for two, cooking for two, shopping for two, and cleaning for two. There were no after school play dates. There was no hour of homework in the afternoon. There were no soiled sheets that needed to be washed and changed because someone had an accident. There were no toys to be picked up. There football/basketball/gymnastics practice to rush off to after dinner. There were no sports to shuttle kids to on the weekends. There were no Chuck E. Cheese birthday parties to suffer though. There were no swim lessons, no parent/teacher meetings, no classroom to volunteer in. 

There was just two of us. Sure, I got more done. But life is so much more complete now, that I wouldn't change anything. Except the Chuck E. Cheese parties. I hate those.

**(No husbands were harmed during the above real-life conversation.)**

No comments:

Post a Comment