Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Why yes, you can have sleepless nights without an infant!

It is true, ladies and gents. A sleepless night does not require an infant. It can come about many different ways.
  • You being sick.
  • Your child being sick, no matter the age.
  • Your spouse being ill. (Face it, men are like big babies kids when sick.)
  • Your brain refusing to shut down due to worry about your child.
  • Wondering if you did, in fact, forget to pay the mortgage.
  • Excitement or anticipation for a big event the next day.
  • Dread or anticipation for a big confrontation the next day.
  • A snoring husband.
Guess which one kept me up all flipping night? 

If you guessed my own brain, YOU WIN a big shiny nothing.

Yep, last night was one of those nights where you toss, you turn, you think about what is to come the following day. What should I say? What WILL I say? What will they say? If they say this, what should I do next? ARGH!!! GO TO SLEEP!!

But no, precious sleep eluded me. Stupid brain....

No comments:

Post a Comment